On Monday the 21st of August, Hall Vet Surgery celebrated RSPCA Cupcake Day to help raise funds for animals in need!
As well as Human Cupcakes we decided to make some Doggy ‘Pupcakes’ too.
Kelly’s ‘Carrot and Peanut Butter Pupcakes’ were a smash hit with the pooches and after multiple requests we are excited to share the recipe with you!
What you will need:
- Mini cupcake cases
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup of honey
- 2 cups of grated carrots (alternatively you can use zucchini, sweet potato or a mix of all three!)
- 2 cups of flour (whole wheat is best)
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 2/3 cup of instant oats (we used Uncle Toby’s)
- Extra peanut butter for frosting
- OPTIONAL Dog treats for extra decoration
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place all your mini cupcakes cases on a tray
3. In one bowl, mix the eggs, peanut butter, oil, honey, and shredded carrots. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and oats.
4. Once you made both of these mixtures, add the mixtures together and stir with your hands or a wooden spoon until all ingredients are all mixed together.
5. Divide the mixture evenly among prepared cupcake cases, only fill half way!
6. Bake them for ~15 minutes or until golden brown. To check if they are ready, insert a toothpick in to the center, if it comes out with a few crumbs it is perfect.
7. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
8. Once fully cooled, take some peanut butter and place it in a piping bag. Pipe all the cute pupcakes with the peanut butter frosting.
10. Decorate with dog treats as desired!