Are you an experienced veterinary receptionist who’s looking for a change of scenery or a newbie who’s eager to start their career in the veterinary industry?
Hall Vet Surgery and Vets at Amaroo are looking for a loud and proud ‘People Person’ to join our crew! Our customer care team are passionate about providing customer service excellence at every opportunity and making a difference in the moments that matter.
Located in the picturesque Hall Village, Hall Veterinary Surgery has spent the last 30+ years embedding itself as a practice of choice for many Canberrans and their furry friends. In 2018, we brought our celebrated ‘friendly country care’ to a second convenient location via our new branch practice, Vets at Amaroo. Together, we are a team of diverse minds that are united by the same common goal and passion, delivering gold standard care to pets and their people.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Shared role across both the Hall and Amaroo branches
- 38 hours per week with additional 1 in 4 Saturday mornings
- Fast paced, challenging and rewarding role
- Supportive team environment that embraces continued learning
- Starting wage $20-$26/hour dependent on age and relevant experience
ABOUT THE PERKS
- Enjoy a great work life balance with a standard 4 day working week
- Saturday morning shifts on a rotating roster of 1 in 4
- Free parking available at both clinic locations
- Above award pay rates & paid parental leave
- Take advantage of our staff discount scheme for your own animals
- Go home feeling fulfilled knowing that you made a real difference to someones day in helping to keep their pets healthy and well!
- Need we mention the puppy and kitten cuddles!?
Our ideal candidate;
- Has prior experience in a customer service role
- Finds satisfaction in helping clients when they need it most
- Is excited by the opportunity to push themselves, learn and grow
- Is resilient, enjoys a challenge and shows initiative
- Possesses a high level of emotional intelligence & self awareness
- Is a team player, dedicated to working together to succeed
- Is passionate about animals and is excited to pave out a career in a veterinary profession
If this sounds like the job for you we’d love to hear from you! Email a one page cover letter outlining why you’re the best person for the role and your up to date CV to April Maney – firstname.lastname@example.org
Trainee veterinary nurses will be considered for this position, however cannot be guaranteed a nursing placement in the near future.
Applications for this role close at 11:59pm Sunday 15th May. Interviews will be held Saturday 21st of May.