Hall Veterinary Surgery is not responsible for the content on any of the websites mentioned below. The links are provided for information only.
Hall Veterinary Surgery (and those of our staff who live out here) are proud members of the Hall District community.
For more pet-based information, you might want to refer to:
- BirdVet – If you are after information for your pet bird, BirdVet has plenty of hints, tips and information sheets.
- Canberra Cat Vet – website of our cat-only sister practice
- Central Animal Records – We use Central Animal Records as our general microchipping registrar. They have some great stories about animals recovered by their microchips.
- Indoor Pet Initiative – Ohio State University’s centre for making happier cats and dogs.
- Our Wonderful Pets – Created by vet and media personality Katrina Warren as a place to honour and celebrate our deceased pets.
- Paw Club – an Australian “all about dogs” website including a “Perfect dog for you” matching page.
- Pet-Safe House Plants – a guide to pet-safe house plants.
- Reward-based training – a guide for dog trainers outlines the benefits of reward-based training and identifies some of the problems associated with alternative training methods.
- RSPCA – The RSPCA has some great advice on pet ownership.
- Sydney Pet Dentistry – Dr Christine Hawke of Sydney Pet Dentistry answers some frequently asked questions.
- VetInfo – a great site in the U.S. with heaps of relevant information designed to help you because they “believe that well informed people take better care of their pets!”
If you’re after more local information, try
- ACT Companion Dog Club – You can develop a great lifetime relationship with your pet dog by taking obedience classes or trying agility or flyball. The ACT Companion Dog Club offers all of these activities.
- RSPCA ACT Lost & Found – Lets you report or search for lost/found animals in the ACT region.
- ACT Found Dogs register – Dogs reported by members of the public as found (ACT Govt site)
- ACT’s Domestic Animal Services – Information on animal welfare, dog and cat laws, pet ownership and Domestic Animal Services of the ACT.
- Adopt-a-pet – The RSPCA ACT’s great pet adoption service.
- Geraldine’s Animal Training – Have fun and foster a happy relationship with your pet. For all ages and stages.