Canberra Cat Vet
Canberra Cat Vet, our sister practice, is located in Belconnen, at 16 Purdue St (parking access via Gillott St). Phone them on 6251 1444.
- Breathing difficulty Aug 12, 2014If you notice that your cat is having any breathing difficulty call us immediately on 6251 1444. Cats hide chest problems until they are verging on life threatening so do not hesitate to make it an emergency. A cat is having breathing difficulty if she is mouth breathing, and/ or crouched down with elbows out. A blue tongue with laboured or noisy breathing i
- Recognising and resolving cat conflict Aug 8, 2014The average cat-owning household has at least two cats, some many more. And while most cats seem to get along fine, they can react quickly when they feel threatened. A more assertive cat might chase another cat from or silently block access to a food bowl or litter pan; a less assertive cat might spend hours hiding or even become sick. In fact, conflict is a
- Kidney failure Aug 7, 2014Signs of kidney failure don’t appear until at least 70% of kidney function is lost. The kidneys remove waste products from the blood stream, regulate fluid and electrolyte balance, maintain the acid-base balance of the body and remove toxins and drugs. They also help maintain blood pressure and stimulate blood cell production. Kidney damage accumulates f
- Furballs and vomiting Aug 7, 2014Stomach and intestinal disease is so common in cats that many people think vomiting and ‘furballs’ in an otherwise healthy cat are normal. Vomiting more than once a week, particularly if your cat is losing weight is NOT normal. Furballs are a sign of stomach or intestinal inflammation and should be investigated. There are many causes of vomiting. The ea
- Free dental check in Dental Health Month Aug 5, 2014August is dental health month at Canberra Cat Vet! Bring your pet in for a free dental check this month and learn how to keep your cat’s mouth and teeth clean and healthy. Dental health is essential to overall health in our cats. 4 out of 5 cats live with some level of dental disease, infection and pain but are very good at hiding it from us. Make sure your
- Breathing difficulty Aug 12, 2014