Canberra Cat Vet, our sister practice, is located in Belconnen, at 16 Purdue St (parking access via Gillott St). Phone them on 6251 1444.
- Cortisone Mar 4, 2016Cortisone is prescribed for many feline maladies, including allergies, asthma and inflammatory bowel disease. Sometimes we may give a short acting injection if your cat is difficult to medicate. We rarely give a long-acting injection because of the risk of side effects. Tablets called Prednisolone or Niralone contain short acting cortisone and are our […]
- Flea allergy Mar 4, 2016Fleas are still active in the Canberra region and giving some cats an irritating time. Some cats are allergic to the saliva of fleas. They scratch and lick out of all proportion to the number of fleas on them. They also lose and get discoloured hair and/ or little scabs and pimples on the head, […]
- Holiday opening hours Dec 15, 2015All of us at Canberra Cat Vet would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas! Here are are Opening hours over the holiday period in case you need us: Thursday 24 December 8.30am – 1pm Friday 25 December CLOSED Saturday 26 December CLOSED Sunday 27 December […]
- Behaviour changes in your old cat Dec 15, 2015As they age, cats often suffer a decline in functioning, including their cognitive functioning. It’s estimated that cognitive decline-referred to as feline cognitive dysfunction, or FCD-affects more than 55% of cats aged 11 to 15 years and more than 80% of cats aged 16 to 20 years. Memory, ability to learn, awareness, and sight […]
- Catoberfest at Canberra Cat Vet Oct 2, 2015Your personal invitation to Catoberfest at Canberra Cat Vet after work at 5.30pm on Friday 23rd October. Look behind the scenes at a veterinary practice. Check out Canberra's premier pet ambulance and a cat enclosure mock-up. Win lucky door prizes. Lots of cat-specific toys and products for you to peruse and, of course, […]
- Cortisone Mar 4, 2016