Canberra Cat Vet, our sister practice, is located in Belconnen, at 16 Purdue St (parking access via Gillott St). Phone them on 6251 1444.
- Playing or Fighting? Jun 18, 2015It can be difficult to tell the difference sometimes between cat play or fighting. The following are a few general guidelines to help you determine which is which: Play fighting is often silent - no yowling or screaming should be present in play. Cats who play with one another tend to take turns in the […]
- My kitten has diarrhoea... Jun 2, 2015Many kittens develop diarrhoea especially in the first week or two in their new homes. Often it is due to the big changes in their lives - a new family, leaving mum, new surroundings, but most often it is because of the new diet. Even good quality kitten food causes diarrhoea in a kitten that […]
- Dental program Jun 2, 2015Canberra Cat Vet has launched a new dental program to catch dental disease in the early stages. Dental disease prevention in cats is a high priority for us because cats rarely show us the full extent of the pain and discomfort they suffer because of tartar on their teeth and gum disease. It is only […]
- Runny noses Jan 8, 2015Macey doesn't like sneezing one little bit! Snuffles, sneezing, noisy breathing, snoring and nasal discharge are signs of nasal and sinus disease. In young cats the flu viruses – feline herpesvirus and calicivirus – are the most common cause. These viruses damage the nasal mucosa and then bacteria infect the nasal passages causing a […]
- Canberra Cat Vet's Holiday Opening Hours Dec 18, 2014Christmas Eve: 8.30am - 2.30pm Christmas Day: Closed Boxing Day: Closed 27th December: 8.30am - 12.30pm 28th December (Sunday): Closed 29th December: 8.30am - 5.30pm 30th December: 8.30am - 5.30pm 31st December: 8.30am - 5.30pm New Year's Day: Closed If you have an emergency and we are closed, phone the Animal Emergency Centre on 6280 […]
- Playing or Fighting? Jun 18, 2015