Canberra Cat Vet
Canberra Cat Vet, our sister practice, is located in Belconnen, at 16 Purdue St (parking access via Gillott St). Phone them on 6251 1444.
- Dreading the vet visit??? Jul 23, 2014Bringing your cat to the vet can be a stressful experience for you, your cat, the vet and the nurse. Some cats yowl as soon as the car starts, others pee in the carrier every trip. An upset cat is difficult for your vet to examine and stress skews some blood tests. How do we make visits to the vet less stressful for all concerned? Leave the carrier o
- Constipation - a bit of a strain Jul 22, 2014Signs of constipation in the cat are usually easy to spot, and include: straining and difficult passing faeces pain passing faeces production of small, hard pellets of faeces decreased frequency of defecation Sometimes it's difficult to decide if a cat is straining to urinate or defecate. If you are in any doubt please phone us. Difficulty urinating is
- Scratching - is it a problem? Jul 16, 2014Why do cats scratch surfaces? To express excitement and pleasure To leave visual and aromatic messages to other cats To remove the worn-out sheaths from their claws To stretch their muscles and spine In other words it's our problem not theirs when they scratch the new sofa or the silk curtains! If your cat is scratching in the ‘wrong’ place eg the new s
- Beware of PET meats Jul 11, 2014Many pet meats and pet food rolls contain sulphite preservatives that cause thiamine deficiency and haemorrhage into the brainstem. Recently some Sydney cats who have just been fed pet mince have suffered from thiamine deficiency. Even low levels may cause skin rashes and gut upsets but continued high levels cause depression, head tilts, wobbles, twitching,
- New weight loss diet! Jul 8, 2014Hill's® Prescription Diet® Feline Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution - now available at Canberra Cat Vet Obesity is the most common health problem we see at Canberra Cat Vet. Just like the human epidemic, almost 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can lead to serious health problems such as diabetes, arthritis, liver di
- Dreading the vet visit??? Jul 23, 2014